The growth in adoption of internet calling technology and web-based meeting solutions has naturally led to an increase in virtual job interviews and candidate selection techniques. Far from being a fad, these solutions are here to stay and when used correctly have fantastic benefits for both client and candidate.
Since the launch of our virtual meeting platform blueskiesLIVE
last year all our clients have been able to use the virtual interview rooms, to give them flexibility in location for multiple stakeholders and allow them to move faster through the process. For our exclusive clients we have developed video shortlists, allowing them a more detailed and accessible first look at suitable candidates.
Our consultants often use the meeting rooms to meet with both clients and candidates when a face to face cannot be arranged. Over the past year these solutions have been able to save everyone time, money and a large amount of effort – we are big advocates!
So, is virtual interviewing for you? Here are our five reasons to use virtual recruitment techniques.
- Do you need to move fast? We would all like months to work on finding the perfect new employee, however in reality we are often compromised by deadlines and the pressure of skills gaps. Adding a video selection process can reduce the requirement for multiple interviews, therefore shortening the whole process significantly.
- Is it a nightmare finding space in busy schedules? It can be difficult to get a face to face meeting in diaries. Virtual meetings can be hosted anywhere at any time, meaning your important stakeholders can easily connect and engage with your candidates.
- Do you need to attract candidates from further afield? Getting the right person with the right skills in the right location can be incredibly difficult. Using a virtual meeting room means you can quickly connect with candidates anywhere in the world.
- Do you get overwhelmed by candidate response? Video shortlisting gives you access to more candidates without having to sift through mountains of CVs or host long days of interviews. Your consultant can do the initial check for relevant experience and then ask the candidate to record answers to questions for you to review at a time that suits you.
- Do you want to take every opportunity to promote your employer brand? blueskies LIVE gives you an opportunity to record a video promoting your business to share with interested candidates.
If you would like us to talk you through how blueskies LIVE can help you save time, money and effort! Get in touch…