Communications Officer - Royal Sutton Coldfield Town Council – £27,905 - £34,778
Royal Sutton Coldfield Town Council (RSCTC) is a new local authority established in 2016 covering the parliamentary constituency of Sutton Coldfield. Town Councils function as the tier of local government that is closest to the community with a variety of powers and duties accumulated over time through legislation. RSCTC wants to work for Sutton Coldfield residents, and alongside our active community groups, to ensure the Royal Town becomes a vibrant, greener and inclusive place to live and work.
RSCTC is looking to appoint an experienced Communications Officer with a track record of developing and delivering annual communications plans to join their team. RSCTC is one of the UK’s largest town councils and this opportunity offers the successful candidate the opportunity to really make a difference.
You will be responsible for managing the public voice of RSCTC and will be required to:
- Develop and deliver RSCTC’s corporate communications programme through an annual communications plan and ad hoc campaign plans that promote the work of RSCTC as well as the work of community partners to residents
- Ensure residents, Councillors and external stakeholders at a local, regional and national level remain informed about the great work being done
- Maintain a proactive communications pipeline across online and offline platforms
- Drive the growth of digital communications and engagement including the development and delivery of email communications activity
- Develop communication materials and copy for use as web content, leaflets, annual reports and press releases ensuring materials are consistent with RSCTC’s brand identity
- Build positive relationships with local and regional media outlets; - acting as RSCTC’s main point of contact for media enquiries
- Support RSCTC’s events programme including the communication of events and reviewing sponsorship opportunities
- Assess and evaluate all communications and campaign activity developing recommendations for continuous improvement
This opportunity is both a strategic and hands on role. It will suit a candidate who has experience working within a proactive communications environment, who can demonstrate their knowledge of a range of communications techniques and the ability to use these to tailor messaging to various audiences. The ability to flex accordingly with competing deadlines is essential and so you must be confident in setting performance targets/standards and delivering against these.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to really put their stamp on communications activity whilst working within a relatively small and extremely positive team dedicated to fulfilling our vision and working towards our key priorities.
Experience in a local authority/third sector environment is not essential.
To apply please send your CV to our recruitment partner blueskies email@example.com or contact Jessie Jackson on 01789 201 454 to discuss the role further.