An experienced front end developer is needed to join a leading retail brand in the West Midlands. Working as part of a digital team, this is an exciting, new opportunity for someone with a passion for coding, testing and best practice.
You’ll work collaboratively as part of the online team to design and implement HTML solutions for online. Involved in the implementation of accessible and hand-coded designs and bespoke pages across desktop and mobile platforms. You will be involved in designing and coding a lot of page content and testing as well as best practice.
- Work according to the latest W3C specifications and recommendations and make full use of the latest CSS technology
- Accountable for the implementation of accessible and hand-coded design pages
- Code all pages responsively to be suitable for execution across all platforms
- 100% accurate coded content on the website including full accessibility and userbility testing
To be considered for this role you need to demonstrate you:
- Have significant experience as a Front-end Developer within a fast paced e-commerce environment
- Portfolio full of examples of designing and coding page content for websites, as well as testing and best practice
- Are confident working to strict deadlines in a fast paced, fast-moving e-commerce team. Whilst having the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Have experience working cross-functionally across digital development and UX teams and strong knowledge of current web best practices, usability guidelines and accessibility requirements
- Expert understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and code to W3C standards
- Knowledge of fundamental SEO principles and performance optimization techniques
This role is easily commutable from Birmingham, Staffordshire, Worcester, Coventry and Northamptonshire. As well as parts of Oxfordshire, Nottingham and Derby.
If you’re looking to work for a brand that is taking digital seriously. Looking to push their digital offering to the next level…and you want to be a part of that…please send through your CV and portfolio ASAP!
Front-end Developer, £35,000 - £45,000, Retail Brand, West Midlands, Permanent