My client one of the top 5 employers in Coventry are looking for an immediately available Interim Senior Media Relations Officer for the next 6 months.
This Interim Senior Media Relations Officer role will support on the media relations strategy to ensure the business achieves a high media profile and establish a positive and valued reputation locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. You will take an active role in developing a robust and co-ordinated approach to crisis communications and support a proactive and dynamic approach in responding to the news agenda and develop ‘digital storytelling’ to support the production of news related stories.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop a clear and focused strategy for the business.
- Proactively identify and lead a proactive PR effort to deliver this strategy which involves seeking out the stories, crafting them for the media and placing them in the appropriate publications.
- Lead a team to develop the production of content.
- Develop a house style for key corporate webpages and communications.
- Proactively identify media opportunities for both nationally and internationally, both in the consumer and business sectors.
- Be a key contact for emergency and crisis communications.
The successful Interim Senior Media Relations Officer will have substantial media relations experience in a press office, PR consultancy or from a journalism background. You will have proven press release and broader writing skills and able to generate media coverage through a significant and varied portfolio. It is key that you have strong working relationships with key media and you are able to generate, identify and sell stories and demonstrate creativity. Proofreading, copywriting, persistence, tact and diplomacy and the ability to influence are all essential for this exciting opportunity as is the ability to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours.
This role in Central Coventry is commutable from locations such as Rugby, Leicester, Kenilworth, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon, Banbury, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Coleshill, Birmingham, Burbage, Lutterworth, Stoneligh, Southam, Meriden, Ansty, Knowle etc.