blueskies are working exclusively with a company that is a critical catalyst for growth in the Midlands. Their goal is to ensure that ambitions for the local area are fully realised by coordinating investment plans and growth opportunities. They are looking to recruit a Communications and Engagement Officer on a part time basis to support the Head of Communications & Engagement to reach, engage and listen to the views of key stakeholders using a number of channels. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a great business and really make the role your own. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing clean, accurate and engaging copy and content for different communications channels including website, social media, newsletters, trade and business publications, presentations and videos.
- Play an active part in organising, delivering and supporting events and engagement activities including the UK Central Ambassador Group.
- Produce monthly website and social media performance reports, and monitor trends to identify improvements.
- Collate and evaluate press coverage.
- Produce a bi-monthly newsletter including the management of the approvals process and distribution via Mailchimp, in line with GDPR compliance.
- Monitor and oversee social media channels (currently Twitter and LinkedIn but to include Instagram and Facebook in the future) on a daily basis.
- Liaise with agencies to ensure coordination delivery of activities.
- Provide basis deputy cover and point of contact for the Head of Communications & Engagement during periods of annual leave, etc.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Current affairs including sector specific insight, news, politics, technology, behaviour change and communications best practice.
- Finance processes related to communications and engagement activities, e.g. print production, event costs, etc.
- Principles of operational management including effective planning, prioritising workloads and processes such as status reports, databases, reporting, etc.
- IT including how and when to use Word, Excel, WordPress, Eventbrite and Mailchimp.
The role is based across 3 days per week to suit the successful candidate. A degree of flexibility is required. Due to the current pandemic the role is home based, the office address is located in Solihull. The role is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwick & Leamington Spa. Please send through your CV & application today for immediate consideration for the role.
Part Time Communications & Engagement Officer, Solihull, £21,000 (Pro Rata)