Blue Skies Services Limited is committed to protecting your privacy in all our dealings with you, whether through our website or through direct contact with our consultants. We are committed to delivering a safe and secure experience.
Blue Skies Services Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide these services – in doing so, the Blue Skies Services Ltd acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to us directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. We must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Blue Skies take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. Our database is encrypted, internal servers are password protected and remote access is limited. We invest in systems which track access and flag data breach attempts so that we keep your information safe at all times. By registering with the website it is understood that you are actively seeking job opportunities which match your fields of interest.
We have reviewed the purposes of our processing activities and selected the most appropriate lawful bases for each activity and these are consent, legitimate interest and legal obligation. Where we have replied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interest is for the purpose of work-finding services.
We collect personal data about you when you register in order to provide you with the recruitment services which include job alerts, industry updates and specific job opportunities. The personal data we collect includes your name, email address and telephone number, as well as your CV, portfolio or other documentation to support job applications and we will keep that information for as long as you want to keep your account active with Blue Skies. We will also ask for details of the kind of work you are looking for and your preferred location, salary and position to enable us to effectively match you to suitable opportunities. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
There are a number of places we store data. Our website, our database and with third party service providers such as Blue Skies LIVE (our online video interview platform). All third party service providers are required to process your data in accordance with contracts that comply with data protection legislation.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us via email email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
Blue Skies will not retain your personal information longer than necessary for the legitimate provision of recruitment services. Different laws require us to keep data for different periods of time. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year (a) from the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provided you with work finding services. We aim to provide you with useful work-related services for the whole of your career, however we will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data.
CHOOSING HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
Blue Skies will never sell your personally identifiable information to any third party without your express consent. We are, by nature of providing you with work-finding services, required to share your information with our clients in the pursuit of helping you secure employment but we’d always ask your permission first.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• Right to Be Informed. You have the right to be informed about the personal data the Company possesses on you.
• Right to Rectification. You can contact us to change, or correct your personal information controlled by Blue Skies regarding your profile at any time. GDPR gives us one month to respond but generally we’ll have everything done for you within 14 days.
• The Right to Access. You can verify the details you have submitted to Blue Skies and all information held by us on this website and our databases. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address. Please note that excessive or unfounded requests might incur a fee – but we’ll always try to be reasonable. You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by logging onto our website or by contacting our team of Consultants.
• Right to Erasure (RTBF). You have the right at any time to be permanently forgotten from our website and database either because you no longer find our services relevant, wish to withdraw your consent or believe we have mistakenly acquired your information. You can close your account on the website within your profile dashboard and request removal from our database by using the email address provided. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted with us.
• Data Portability. You can request a readable copy of all the personal data we hold on you at any time. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Right to Restrict Processing. If you have a dispute or are not comfortable with how we have processed your data but do not wish for it to be fully erased, you can request for us to suspend further processing until a resolution is reached. Please contact us via email@example.com
• Rights to Object. If you consent to Blue Skies contacting you by phone or email under legitimate interest of the provision of recruitment services, you have the right to object to processing data for marketing services by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can unsubscribe from receiving recruitment services alerts and/or marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email
• The Right to Withdraw Consent. Where you have consented to Blue Skies processing your data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us via email@example.com
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes. This policy was last updated on 14th April 2018.
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or on 01789 293 893 or via post to The Ministry, 2 Birmingham Road, Stratford upon Avon CV37 0BH.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, or if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.